ShutterWise was established 5 years ago and is run by Melissa Hawkins. The company is based in Hampton, Middlesex and installs shutters in Teddington, Richmond, Kingston, Surbiton, Ealing, Hampton Hill, Molesey, Wimbledon, Esher and surrounding areas. Melissa has lived locally all her life and is committed to delivering a personal, 1 to 1 service to all her customers along with providing a high quality product at a competitive price.
We provide a full consultation and fitting service where we will advice and show you our range of shutters, styles, colours, and accessories, free of charge. We would love to come and show you what we can do to transform your home.
Why Choose ShutterWise?
- Shutterwise is a local, family run business.
- You will receive a personal service and will deal with 1 person throughout the whole process.
- Shutterwise are committed to delivering great customer service and a high quality product.
- All ShutterWise shutters are handcrafted and made-to-measure.
- All of ShutterWise shutters are applied with 6 separate coats of paint or stain. The final finish coat is a clear lacquer with a UV Sunscreen which helps prevent the shutters from fading. The finish coat also encompasses a hygienic coating that helps with dust allergies.
- ShutterWise does not charge a survey fee and we do not have a minimum fitting charge.
- At ShutterWise we can customise our shutters to match any colour.
- The frames of ShutterWise shutters are constructed from a solid engineered core and our Louvres are thicker than many of our competitors. That means your shutters will be more robust, less likely to warp and have greater longevity.
- The ShutterWise ‘Sumatra’ Range is the only shutter on the market to have Forest Stewardship Council Accreditation.
- ShutterWise will replace any broken louvres free of charge.
- ShutterWise shutters are manufactured in the only ISO Accredited Factory. That means you can take comfort in the fact that your shutters have been manufactured to the highest possible standards.
Areas We Cover
Yes, we are happy to arrange a free, no obligation visit to your home to discuss options, show you samples and provide you with a quotation.
All you need to do is to arrange a visit so we can discuss options and provide you with a quote. To place the order, we ask for 50% deposit and then we will arrange the survey appointment. Once the survey is complete the order will be placed, then your shutters will arrive approx. 8-10 weeks later.
All our shutters are made in a factory in China, so from the point of order the lead time is approximately 8-10 weeks to delivery and fitting.
We make our shutters from a variety of materials from our entry level MDF range to a very high quality hardwood which is FSC registered. We have a material to suit every style and customer need.
All our shutters are guaranteed for 3 years.
If you opt for a full height or tier on tier style of shutter that covers the window completely, then if all the panels and louvres are shut you will notice the benefit of additional heat retention and sound proofing.
No, the standard style of shutter is not complete black out, although for the average person, they are completely sufficient for a bedroom. If you require complete blackout, then we offer a range of shutter with an integrated black out blind.
Our shutters are made in a factory in China.
We can air freight our shutters (additional costs apply), the lead time for air freight is 4-5 weeks.